View Single Post
Old January 21, 2020, 01:55 PM   #105
American Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBM900 View Post
Numbers that are easily verified, feel free to factually refute them.

I never stated a word about being an "authority", it's called an opinion.
But again, feel free to factually refute it.

"Highly educated"....?
Cite where I used any such language...
Then when you are done doing that, feel free to factually refute my original statement.

No need to be so indignant, after all... you were the one who asked for definitions

Actually... You just helped make my point.
The go-to response for huge numbers of individuals whenever their 2A rights are blatantly threatened, is to go out and buy more guns, which is the very epitome of lazy.
Lazy in thought
Lazy in action
Lazy in effort

Literal BILLIONS spent on guns, ammunition, magazines, etc

Now lets compare that to the supposed "gold standard" of the NRA...
Over recent years they have generated a rough average of $350m/yr
Now divide that amongst its current 5.5m members
Which works out to something around $63.00 per member... or a couple boxes of ammo.

(its actually even worse in that a significant portion of their revenue comes from things like investments and large mega-donors)

For even more perspective, let's divide that among the estimate of 100m gun owners in the U.S.
That works out to $3.50 per gun owner
WoW... that's some serious commitment to the cause

Actually you were the one who took umbrage with my opinion.

You keep throwing out thinly veiled ad hominem... yet you have failed to factually refute a single thing.
I am all ears/eyes and open to correction if I've gotten anything blatantly wrong, Im not perfect and never claimed to be.

This coming from someone who doesn't like my opinion, and has yet to tare it down.
As I said before, I hope I'm wrong, that we are our own worst enemy in this fight.
But I have yet to see anyone provide any evidence to the contrary.
You are the one assigning the label of Lazy and Apathetic to most of the gun owners in the USA and so far you have done a miserable job at proving that and an excellent job at stating your ignorant assumptions.

You use statistics to prove your point. The number of people in the NRA, the number of people in the GOA and then you come up with your ridiculous assumption that all other gun owners except those in the NRA, GOA oh.... and I forgot, you count the people on AR.15.com (for crying out loud) are lazy and apathetic. But the real truth is, all those statistics that you find on line about the number of people in the NRA, is just a number of people in the NRA... same as the GOA and your AR15.com forum. You are the one in all your wisdom that is calling people lazy and apathetic and you have nothing to substantiate that except your pessimistic and ignorant assumptions. Do you have categories of Lazy and Apathetic? Since you are magically able to determine the laziness and apathy in all other gun owners, with your calculations, maybe you can break it down by population in city and state. Have you run out of facts? If not, please inform us exactly where all the lazy ones reside. Help me get a better understanding that you actually know what you are talking about.

And I proved your point? By stating what happens after each mass shooting or terror attack, describing how people respond is your reason to think I just proved your point. Actually, the only thing it proves is that reality hit close to home and people that are normally preoccupied with their daily routines, realized they need to do something. But to you , "do something" means to get off their lazy and apathetic butts? It's really just silly and weak to think that proves your point. It might just prove how much you think of yourself compared to people who actually hit the stores after an incident. How dare they not already be prepared as someone like yourself is? I'll apologize to you for all those people, how many there actually are and wherever they actually live, that have fallen so far short of your standards.

I write to my senators and the white house all the time. I vote. I teach. I inspire others with how I have lived my life. Are these the characteristics of those in your numbers of the NRA, GOA and AR15.com that are not lazy and apathetic? Do people like me get a rating of Non Lazy and Non Apathetic from you? Well, I'm not a member of the NRA... I guess I don't count. I'm not a member of the GOA. I just get worse and worse... not even a member of AR15.com.

And this fits in perfectly with another of one of your ridiculous calculations about your SUMMARY of the rally in VA yesterday in another post. I am a member of the VCDL. I don't live in VA, but I'm not that far from Richmond. Did I go to the rally? NO... personal reasons are keeping me from attending and I probably would not have anyway because I'm not a fan of crowds. But would I have to be part of a big crowd to not be called lazy and apathetic?

Normally I don't waste so much time responding to people, but there is something about you that makes you think you are 100% correct about something you can't possibly speak intelligently about. And you repeatedly fall back on your junk science to prove it again. But then again, you just might be the expert that does know the numbers of all the lazy and apathetic gun owners in the USA... do you know the numbers? You seem to know every other number.

Page generated in 0.03522 seconds with 8 queries