View Single Post
Old August 10, 2016, 02:01 AM   #14
Bill Akins

Quote:
jrothWA
May I suggest....
A loop of para-cord that allows three finger to lie within as then catches the little finger lever , allowing you to retract the bolt to the rear.
Works on my 12MAG A5 when the scope mount is in-place and SAVES my knuckles.
Or I could use a coat hanger, or a fishing hook with mono filament loop, or a block of wood, or even a looped shoestring. Oh wait! Not a shoestring! The ATF might think my shotgun was a machine gun! Lol.

But seriously jrothWA, thanks for the tip and no doubt it works for you, but not exactly what I had in mind and with my luck, the para-cord would slip off the bolt handle, plus that would just be something else for me to carry around and lose and digging it out of my pocket, looping it around the bolt handle, is not something I'd want to be doing in a home defense situation when seconds mattered nor really any time. I want it attached to the gun. I'm able to use the factory bolt handle as is, but I just don't like how short it is and how easy it is for my finger to slip off it. I'd like a bolt handle like the op rod handle on my M1A. That would be nice.

I'm swamped right now with other projects, but since it appears there are no aftermarket extended bolt handles for the Browning auto five or Remy M11, when I do get time, it looks like I'm going to have to make it myself out of another factory op handle welded to an extension. (I was hoping there might be some out there to save me the time but it looks like no dice). Plenty of bolt handles out there, just have to find one I like and that will match up the best for welding to a cut down factory handle (I'd keep my original bolt handle unmodified just in case). But again, thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; August 10, 2016 at 02:12 AM.

Page generated in 0.04207 seconds with 8 queries