View Single Post
Old November 19, 2022, 04:35 PM   #17
Paul B.

Most of the time my carry piece is a Colt Combat Commander in .45 ACP. Back up gun is an S&W M60, the stainless version of the Chief's Special. The load I run is the Federal 125 gr. +P Hi-Shok. They shoot quite well in the M60 and are not bad with the small factory stocks. Currently I have one of the Pachmeyr rubber stocks on the gun. I also have two M49 Bodyguards with clones of the Spegel boot grips. They're a very nice compromise BTW.

Practice loads run a home cast 148 gr. wadcutter over 3.1 gr. of W231, any make of decent brass and the WSP standard primer. Carry loads are in two HK speed loaders with the Federal load mentioned earlier. Like some here, old age and physical problems pop up and I believe one either has to adapt to the situation. I'm 84. In the last three years I've been in a nasty car wreck, had a heart attack and now am fighting cancer. Arthritis is a given with two bad knees, left shoulder and left thumb. Never figure out why just on the thumb???? About 25 more days of radiation treatments and maybe I'll have enough time to go to the range and do a little shooting. It's been three years plus since I've been able to do any shooting and the itch is getting real bad.
Paul B.

Page generated in 0.02618 seconds with 9 queries