View Single Post
Old November 15, 2022, 12:18 PM   #13
Smaug

Well, if you're going to a mobility scooter, weight won't be an issue and you should stick with your trusty SP-101.

You'll find if you go to something lighter, loads that were manageable in your SP feel like rip-snorting magnums in the lighter gun.

I have a 3" SP-101 in 357 and a LCR in 38. A standard pressure 38 Spl with 158 gr. bullet or a +P with lighter bullet feel fine out of the SP, but are abusive from the LCR; don't want to shoot more than a couple cylinders of it, and I have to re-adjust my grip after every shot.

I second Dave T's advice to shoot standard pressure wadcutters, probably by Buffalo Bore, as defense ammo. I don't know about Buffalo Bore's but my standard pressure wadcutter handloads are pleasant to shoot in both my SP-101 and LCR.

Side note: stay with the walker as long as you can. You'll find your fitness level and quality of life will rapidly decline when you go to the scooter. Muscles atrophy, etc. It's what happened to my grandpa. My company president was wounded in war and can't really bend one knee. He walks with a cane and is like Frankenstein's monster from the old movies, but it keeps him in shape.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."
- Eric Hoffer

Last edited by Smaug; November 15, 2022 at 04:22 PM.

Page generated in 0.03309 seconds with 8 queries