Thread: Kahr PM9 ?
View Single Post
Old November 9, 2009, 10:52 PM   #43
orionengnr

I have had a very positive experience with my PM9 and P45.
The PM9 had the "barrel peening" issue when I bought it. Kahr took care of it and I carried it daily for a bit over three years.

I shot it so much better than any of my five j-frames (.38 and .357, steel, aluminum and Scandium) that I sold all of them, and no longer own a j-frame.

After 3 years of daily carry and a lot of rounds downrange, I started carrying the P45 about a year ago. While the PM9 is the perfect balance of pocket carry size and power/capacity, I prefer the .45 acp cartridge and the P45 is light enough to carry IWB effortlessly (I can also pocket carry the P45 in jeans or khakis, but it is pushing the envelope.)

Quote:
...and , despite what the manual saws, it runs better when you "slingshot" the slide.
This has not been my experience at all. The PM9 definitely prefers the slide release, and the P45 could care less. I started by using the slide release many years ago, and I won't own a pistol that will not work reliably using this method.

[thread drift] FWIW, when I bought my first (used) Ruger MkII, it would not feed the first round by hitting the slide release. I posted on several boards and was told "that's just the way they are". Almost sold it. Instead, detail stripped and cleaned it well. It and it's stainless twin both work just fine, as did the MkIII I owned briefly. Moral--don't believe everything you read, especially if it doesn't sound right... [/thread drift]

Page generated in 0.04962 seconds with 8 queries