View Single Post
Old July 26, 2009, 12:57 PM   #66
Steve1911

I see only a couple of thing wrong with this situation.

I am not going to criticize you in your actions, because I was young once and had my fair share of hot headed moments. And this old man exterior in the past 20 years has on more than one occasion fooled a 20 something into thinking I would be easy to beat up.

However… wisdom tells me that if you know who you are, then there is nothing that anyone else can say or do, that can change that.

I believe that you should have just gotten into your car and left. I too have sisters and don’t like it when people used to talk that way about them. But the smart thing would have been to just leave. Most states have laws of self defense that allow you to defend yourself against someone trying to get into your car.

But the pulling the gun thing was not a good idea. I don’t ever advocate pulling your firearm if you do not use it.

A year or so ago… I had a not too similar situation where there were a couple of gentlemen around 25 or so that were aggressive toward my family. I handled it by taking the gun and holster out of my pants and putting it into the car with my wife (In their full view of course) and telling my wife to call 911 and tell them to bring an ambulance for the gentlemen (again loud enough for them to hear). Granted this was a bluff, and if they had not bought it… The ambulance would have been needed for me I am sure. But I defeated them with psychological warfare before anyone got hurt.

I am not a violent person nor is that my normal course of action. But at the time it seemed like the right thing to do. Foolish … yes. But luckily it worked out.

Page generated in 0.03182 seconds with 8 queries