View Single Post
Old October 17, 2020, 08:56 PM   #13
FireForged

Im sorry gang, the idea of airsoft being a productive training platform for real combat sounds like fanboy nonsense to me. In my estimation, airsoft simply does not adequately simulate weapon or armed fighting characteristics. I aced the fully automatice bb-gun at the state fair when I was 10. It is just not the same universe and any "skill" that I may have developed is not likely to translate to the operation of a real thompson sub gun used at the same distance ( 5 yards).

If you want to limit the airsoft discussion to team tactics, general strategic maneuvers or "method".. ok, I can accept it. Honestly, you could do the same with a broom handle or super-soaker if that is the case.

incorporating effective combat marksmanship along with the volatile characteristics of a real firing weapon is a rather intrinsic element of real fighting prowess.

Look,... airsoft is a game. The problem I have with it being touted as a training platform is based primarily in the optics vs physics category. Just because it may look like combat does not mean that it is. Likewise, the skill developed in an airsoft universe should probably remain there. I think that airsoft is great training for more airsoft. BB-Guns have been around since the late 1800s and I do not think they have found their way into any notable combat training that I have ever heard of, probably with good reason. I would also imagine that there are equally good reasons that i-miles and similar military training systems are so much more than shooting bb-guns.

Last edited by FireForged; October 17, 2020 at 09:11 PM.

Page generated in 0.04040 seconds with 8 queries