Thread: Why ban guns?
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2008, 05:58 PM   #20
HarrySchell

Tighter gun regulation is their misguided way of taking some kind of action to prevent these things.

The problem I have with that analysis is the mountains of hard evidence which show gun controls DON'T succeed...they make matters worse.

Remember, most criminals are operating under a gun ban already, with no further law required. Look at the records of the guys who killed that Philly cop last week. They should have had trouble getting a water pistol under the law in Philly. How can anyone expect new law to help that situation?

Nobody can be so stupid as to ignore what is out there so consistently. Like Barry O "discovering" what Wright was saying after 20 years. Either the man is dumber than a post or he's a liar...or both. There is no other legitimate conclusion. You can't get there from here and to claim they are doing something "to prevent crime" is asinine on its face.

As for the US having "the highest murder rate in the world", I don't think that is true. I am sure that the UK has the highest violent crime rates of any developed country, as of 2005 and the three prior years, and that 06 was worse by double digit percentages. And that in some crimes, the UK is approaching US crime rates in numbers, forget per capita. We kill more people with guns, IMO, but the rest of the picture-80-90% of violent crime, they are ahead of us.

The UN gave them that award, and you know they would have rather given it to US.

Page generated in 0.03915 seconds with 8 queries