View Single Post
Old August 16, 2014, 01:37 PM   #44
Koda94

The problem with investigating every bump in the night is if there ever is a bad guy you've given up every tactical advantage, probably are making more noise that he is while moving through the house because he will hear your bump and naturally freeze to set up ambush.

Everyone has a different comfort level for bumps in the night. I'm one of those that naturally want to investigate so a while back I you tubed house clearing techniques... my consensus was even the swat and seal teams don't want to do it and I certainly am not going to. I challenge anyone who is not a professional to study proper house clearing methods before thinking they are qualified to clear their own house. Its pretty much the worst thing you can choose to do. I changed my tactic to sitting up in bed and just listening and its pretty simple. If its a natural noise (ice maker, house settling) you'll fall asleep again before it ever happens again. If its a bad guy you will hear him again and you simply barricade and call the police (see post 12).

As far as being "that guy" its better to be that guy than dead guy. If you find yourself always calling the cops for things that are harmless then you need to learn from that and adjust your mindset and program your mind to learn the noises that are naturally harmless.

Page generated in 0.02597 seconds with 8 queries