View Single Post
Old February 1, 2013, 01:10 PM   #287
lcpiper

Quote:
Quoted from J3ffr0:
I support universal background checks.

Every nut that runs loose with a gun is a poor reflection on the rest of us. The only people that background checks will hurt are people who shouldn't really have a gun in the first place.
I live in VA. The govt already has an inventory of every firearm I bought from a dealer. The form is filled out every time I buy a gun, and it's fine by me.
It's true that laws don't stop people from committing crimes. If that was the case their would be no murder. However, that doesn't me there shouldn't be a law against murder.
Wrong J3ffr0, now don't get bent. I don't mind, you can be wrong all you want. But you are still wrong and I am surprised that Spats agrees at all.

First a wrong assumption
Quote:
"I live in VA. The govt already has an inventory of every firearm I bought from a dealer. The form is filled out every time I buy a gun, and it's fine by me."
Both the dealer and the gov must destroy the records after a specific amount of time. The do not know what you have. that's why you have to keep filling out the form, the old ones get destroyed.

Quote:
Every nut that runs loose with a gun is a poor reflection on the rest of us.
You are not responsible for their actions, you are responsible for your own. The only reason you believe that their actions reflect on you at all is that you are falling into the trap of allowing yourself to wear a label. Take that label off and burn it. You are an individual and you are NOT GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION, "Spats shame on you brother". You're drifting

Quote:
The only people that background checks will hurt are people who shouldn't really have a gun in the first place.
Wrong yet again. The reason you are wrong is that in order for background checks for personal sales can be implemented is if they do actually require registration and firearms tracking, and submission to searches for verification. The individual would have to submit to the same requirements as the FFL holder and this is what all of us should be afraid of.

So stop being wrong and start being right.

Page generated in 0.02460 seconds with 8 queries