View Single Post
Old November 7, 2012, 11:12 AM   #1
steven07

Kahr PM40 issues

Last week I was in my local gun store and came across a used Kahr PM40 in great condition and after a little haggling I was able to leave with the gun under 500 just as I was hoping. I have recently been looking for a replacement carry gun because even though I love my LCR 357 I am a small framed guy and it just did not fit the niche I was looking for. After a little research I was almost set on the Kahr CW9 but after stumbling across this deal I said what the hell.
While keeping in mind I have only had the opportunity to put about 25 rounds through the gun it seems to shoot about 3" low consistently. Figuring it must be something I am doing wrong I handed it to my buddy who put another 2-3 mags through it and had the same results.
The only two theories that I have been able to put together is that 1 the gun is still very new and Kahr does recommend a 200 round break in periond and 2 this gun has a match grade barrel and I am wondering if it might perform better with a different ammo. That day we were using Winchester 165g FMJ so on the way home I picked up a 20pk of the 135g Federal Hydra-shock low recoil JHP to see if that makes any difference tomorrow.
On another note the sights on the gun are factory sights and not nite sights.
any suggestions???
thanks,
steven

Page generated in 0.03876 seconds with 8 queries