View Single Post
Old October 5, 2011, 03:27 PM   #69
American Made

"Debating what rights are God Given, gets us off topic."
---------------------------------------------------------

I respectfully disagree. It should be made clear that I could care less about marijuana (outside of cheech and chong movies) that is.

"The few cases wherein these things (proposed Bill of Rights) may do evil, cannot be weighed against the multitude where the want of them will do evil…I hope therefore a bill of rights will be formed to guard the people against the federal government…”

And..yet, we have this same federal government dictating whom or what may own said firearm. Is not protection of ones self a natural right?

“On every question of construction (of the Constitution) let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.”

----------------------------------------
It is clear that a social consensus, expressed through the mechanisms of the country is what is important.
-------------------------------------------
Look, it is an indisputable fact that the Federal Government has escaped from the confines of the Constitution. Placing the genie back in the bottle is the main issue here.

I do not sir, question their right of medical pot use. Because there is a right older, even, than this, and one more inalienable - the right that every man has to defend his home and to protect those who are dependent on him. This would imply firearm ownership.....

Page generated in 0.02074 seconds with 8 queries