View Single Post
Old August 29, 2012, 09:34 PM   #23
Creeper

Quote:
Instruct the dolt behind the counter in what ways you want him to handle the gun.
Quote:
In any gun store I've been in, a semi-auto is racked, checked, and locked open by the sales drone before being handed to a customer.
Nice.

Respectfully... You guys must be the unluckiest folks I know... where every gun shop sales person you encounter deserves such disrespect and disdain.
I fully understand if you have one or two bad apples that you always seem to get at your LGS... but please don't lump them all together into a generic "gunshop sales person" corner.
"Theohazard" seems to be a good example of a thoughtful and considerate sales person... you wouldn't belittle him because of his profession would you?

Generic rant on...

The sales people that work in gun shops are a cross section of America. White, black, brown etc... men and women, young and old, trying to earn a living.
Most are good, some bad. Most are knowledgeable, some not. Most who have been doing it for awhile are slightly paranoid of being shot by an ignorant customer... some have been.
Many are retired military... and many wounded in service to our country. Some are actual, real live "Rocket Scientists" who lost their jobs in the recent unpleasantness... and working in a gun shop at 1/10 their previous salary is what they could get.
The best thing is, you can just about guarantee that no matter their political leanings, they are all pro gun.

It costs nothing to show a bit of kindness and respect to someone who is working in, what can be, a dangerous environment.

OK... rant off.

Regarding GS etiquette...

Some guns they will ask you not to manipulate or dry fire. For example, collector grade automatics such as last years Kimber color case hardened 1911, or a Freedom Arms revolver... where a ring on the cylinder can actually effect the value. Usually these guns will be zip-tied to prevent manipulation, but not always.

C

Page generated in 0.02609 seconds with 8 queries