View Single Post
Old October 20, 2009, 05:35 PM   #7
taylorce1

Quote:
liberty1: Although Alaska is on my list, a little extra cash does not get me that far.
Really how much extra $$$ are we talking about here? An AK black bear hunt can be done really cheap when compared to other hunts in AK. Plus it really isn't that hard to find a bear in certain parts to SE AK.

If you really want some cost figures I can put you in touch with a few people who go up there on a regular basis to hunt (every year), plus forest service cabin rentals are not terrible cheaper than any hotel you can stay in. It will get kind of expensive if you are paying the way for several people to go up there. However, you could really make up a big chunk of the difference if you cut your pronghorn and pig down to every other year.

When I went in 06 the flight and the bear tag cost me around $1200, boat rental for a week would be around $1200-1800 depending on the size of the boat plus fuel, food was around $150-200, cabins are from $25-45 a day, $175 to prepare and ship my hide and skull back to Colorado. Taxidermy for a rug was about $800 but I had almost a year to come up with that money. I spent 5 days up there with my buddy and we split all cost right down the middle except for tags, airline tickets, shipping of trophies, and taxidermy.

Page generated in 0.02717 seconds with 8 queries