View Single Post
Old September 23, 2013, 09:57 AM   #21
Fishbed77

Quote:
I didn't notice anything about cleaning/lubing it before firing in the manual (could be there, I just didn't see it).
It always blows me away when someone posts about malfunctions in a brand new firearm, then admits that said new firearm was not cleaned or lubed before use. That stuff in new guns is not lubrication, it's grease or preservative applied at the factory to prevent corrosion. It does not provide lubrication - just the opposite. It will gum up the inner workings of many firearms. On the flipside, I've opened up brand new guns that dame from the factory bone dry. I wouldn't expect them to function properly either.

Seriously, it seems like 95% of posts on this website regarding malfunctions in new semi-automatics are because of the failure of new owners to properly clean and lubricate their new firearm.

People, you have to clean 'em and lube 'em before you shoot 'em! Otherwise you are just asking for trouble. Imagine what could happen if a glob of preservative grease was blocking the barrel.

Page generated in 0.02408 seconds with 8 queries