View Single Post
Old June 21, 2013, 02:33 PM   #13
Silver00LT

I always check every 5 rounds. Lately I been going every 10 rounds, but on a new load I go back to checking first 10 then every 5.

The extra time spent here is less time than having to use a bullet puller and disassemble the cartridge. My .308 rounds took about 10-15 hits on a none crimp. Then again I was afraid I was going to break the puller so I was being easy.

Spending $15 bucks on a puller is cheaper than a new gun and ammo that you can not use.

Quote:
An inertia puller is a good idea since other pullers can deform the projectile. With the recent shortage it's a good idea to save as many components as you can.

Recently I pulled 100 pieces of 30-50 year old 30-06 brass just for the projectiles. I don't have an 06 and a lot of the brass was hit and miss and some was brittle. Now I have an extra one hundred 180grain projectiles for my 30-40 krag and new winchester brass came yesterday.
Inertia pullers still damages hunting rounds. It bashes the lead tip down. But at least you could use them as plinking rounds versus using a puller that grabs the bullet and messing the bullet completely.

Page generated in 0.03709 seconds with 8 queries