View Single Post
Old August 5, 2012, 05:46 PM   #21
oldpapps

Unclenick,
You do good work.
Working with better source data would give much better results data. As I remember something near or above fifteen samplings will reduce the random error to much more acceptable levels.
However, my experiment was only a quick view in search of a starting point for more in depth testing in my search for accuracy. I started by finding a bottom loading that fully functioned the weapon, followed by finding my top loading that I felt was safe. With these two limits, I did the listed .223/5.56 test. I shoot off of sand bags to paper at 100 yards and across my Chrony. The Chrony is only to verify that I don't have an odd load in the mix. It doesn't cost me anything to stop and wright down the readings and I want to have some cool down time anyway. Further tests are more extensive and if anything worth wile comes about, the range get extended. I found the bullets in use were too inconsistent for that use. I did like the search for the breaking point in causing instability with the 62 grain bullets out of 1 in 12 and 1 in 14 twist barrels.

The original post was asking for a formula to determine median velocities from a loading book. I don't think the results of the mathematical process would have much validity.
I feel this has been beaten to death and I have nothing more of value, if I ever did, to add to the discussion.

Thanks guys.

Enjoy,

OSOK

Page generated in 0.03123 seconds with 8 queries