View Single Post
Old February 14, 2012, 01:27 AM   #90
Mueller

I kind of laugh a bit when someone talks about reworking an Moisin-Nagant because they made X number and they are nothing special etc, it is not because the rifle is not suited to it, but because the person in question doesn't know what they might have and in some cases has destroyed a rare rifle that collectors would pay some serious coin for.

I have several MN's and they are relatively rare due to markings and models and even 1 due to the fact that only a certain number were made in that year as the model was phased out.

I have a M91 with Russian Imperial markings that was captured by Imperial Germany in WW1 and was inspected stamped and issued for use by the German police and then later was sent by Nazi Germany to Finland as military aid against the Soviets and has a complete set of Finnish acceptance marks.

To find the a rifle that was captured and reissued by Imperial Germany isn't exactly common, but have been found, but to have Imperial Germany and Finnish marks is extremely rare.

A M38 carbine made in 1945 is scarce, but to also have been captured by the Finns and properly stamped and reissued is beyond rare.

Even when talking about the Soviet reworks, rare models have shown up and still have collectors value, because there just wasn't that many of them around.

So before you begin to hack, saw, weld do a little research. Your $80 dollar purchase may be a diamond in the rough.

Page generated in 0.03465 seconds with 8 queries