View Single Post
Old June 11, 2010, 06:38 AM   #33
dnr1128

I've been pulled over with a loaded weapon on the seat beside me, and after I told the officer it was there, business as usual. Treat him with respect and he'll most likely do the same.

MS, my home state, is not a "must tell" state, so I'm not required to tell the officer if I'm carrying. If he asks, I'll tell, but I don't plan on volunteering the information. With all respect to LEOs, a badge isn't a license to harass citizens. Not long ago I was pulled over here in NW LA by a county unit. He said he pulled me over because I have a modified exhaust on my truck (I have flowmasters). That was after he followed me for several miles, while he ran my tags. He asked me twice where I was coming from, where I was going, and what I was doing in this county, all the while shining his light in my vehicle looking. That was one of the only bad experiences I've ever had with a cop, but unfortunately its common practice here in the south to stop vehicles with out-of-state tags for no other reason than they're not local. I digress. Like another poster said, A cop isn't your friend. Just be polite, respectful, and say no more than necessary. Anything you say can be used against you.

Page generated in 0.03035 seconds with 8 queries