View Single Post
Old September 14, 2000, 09:39 PM   #12
LiquidTension

First of all I just wanna disagree with George H on the action faster than reaction thing. If you have enough training to keep your head during a confrontation, reaction is faster. This is something my sensei drilled into us. When you're on the defensive, you can be relaxed and calm, all you have to do is wait and let your training take over. If you have to think about an attack, you are preoccupied and will likely fall victim to the same thing you are trying to accomplish - a first strike.

Now for my little story. Only time I've been in a fighting situation I was in a car with my gf. A guy came up to the window and started talking [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] and then swung the baseball bat at the window, hitting it dead center and doing no damage. By this time I had backed up but he got off a second swing that hit the car and the window at the same time, shattering the glass. I now know from experience that I don't freeze in these situations. I became absolutely furious. I stopped the car and aimed it at him to run him down, but my gf's screaming stopped me and we just sped away to the nearest police station. As we were leaving 2 other carloads of ppl pulled up to where we had been and picked up my attacker, so it would probably have been bad for me to run him down. Naturally by the time the police got there they were all gone and they never found them, even with the vivid description of the guy and the vehicles. They wrote up the report as vandalism instead of assault. I learned 3 things from this - 1) a driver's side window costs $150 and is not covered by insurance. 2) The police will do whatever possible to decrease paperwork (I was young and didn't know the nature of police yet). 3) Most important - I get pissed off beyond belief (and almost control) when confronted. I have lost my train of thought now, so I'll shut up.

Page generated in 0.03869 seconds with 8 queries