View Single Post
Old June 4, 2005, 02:26 PM   #14
Unclenick
Staff

Sorry to take so long getting back to this. I've been tied up with work.

I looked at my series 70 because I haven't had an Eliason sight apart for so long I didn't really recall the details. I am tempted to disassemble it completely to refinish the rear sight blade, which I may do; and if I do I will make a CAD model of it and share the drawing views.

Looking at yours, I spy two differences: First, mine has a roll pin and not a solid. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the cross pin (vertical elevation) worked loose repeatedly because the bend in it didn't have enough of an angle. I replaced it with a roll pin. I may have done the same with the elevation detent pin and simply don't recall any longer. Curse of old age.

The thing that jumps out comparing your photo to my sight is that on mine the end of a spring is visible behind the pin on the side opposite the elevation screw at the bottom of the detent pin alcove in the side of the screw recess. I think if you pull the detent pin out, you should see a horizontal hole for the missing spring. Without it, the pin should wobble fore and aft in yours pretty freely. The thing to verify is that it can wobble forward into the detent successfully.

Sorry I don't have a nice close-up tube to get a photo with. I have been starting to look at digital cameras more recently. I'm trying to find one with an underwater housing that can export RAW file formats compatible with Photoshop. If you have a recommendation, please advise me.

Nick

Page generated in 0.02546 seconds with 8 queries