View Single Post
Old August 7, 2013, 01:57 PM   #8
TexasDuckHunter

Thanks!

I have taken a hogs from 150+ yards on 3 magnification. I am used to low powered scopes, but I want to get into the higher powered scopes. I have taken shots at long distance ranges that I feel if i had a better scope would be much easier. That being said I am currently using a 3-9 and it is not near enough. I do all kinds of hunting at various ranges. I have hunted through woods where if i see a hog I am going to be 30 yards or less from it and I have hunted hogs in pastures were I am looking at them from 700 yards. I feel I am capable of taking some longer distance shots such as 700-800 but I don't feel like my current scope is. Let me try to explain. aiming down the scope I can hold my gun on a hogs kill zone with a 3-9 scope from 200 yards for 60 consecutive seconds, but when I found myself aiming at one at 700 I couldn't hold it consecutively for 10... I feel like I can take the shot, but im not willing to attempt a shot that I am not completely confident in. Thats why I am looking for a new scope..... Oh and my scope broke (: ... I guess I could settle with a 4-12 but are they capable of taking such shots.

Page generated in 0.02095 seconds with 8 queries