View Single Post
Old May 30, 2021, 03:13 PM   #18
AlongCameJones

Radny97, as far as I know, scopes once came production gloss black and that is what complemented all those traditional guns with a gloss blued finish back in the day. Traditional BLUED guns virtually look black at normal viewing distances. Look at my former Browning A Bolt II in my OP picture. The gun's barrel and receiver look as black and shiny as that gloss 1990's Leupold Vari-X II gold ring atop it. If it hadn't been for that wretched house burglary in 1999, I would have retained that same beautiful gloss Leupold for life. That Browning A-Bolt II I lost in the same house burg I'm not so sentimental about. It was Japan-made and it's fit and finish left something to be desired even in the 1990's. The gloss stock got a couple nicks during just one hunt no matter how gentle I set the rifle against something. I was most bummed out about losing BOTH my beautiful Husqvarna .308 and my Savage Model 99 in .300 Savage that were both grandpa's prized deer guns. That was a double whammy of all times.
Keep America and this planet beautiful. Don't litter. Take the time to find a garbage can. Don't be lazy. Report litterers in to the police. Use peer pressure against those you know who litter. Litter is ugly. Litter hurts animals. Litter injures people. Please pass it on.

Last edited by AlongCameJones; May 30, 2021 at 06:54 PM.

Page generated in 0.04547 seconds with 8 queries