View Single Post
Old October 19, 1999, 02:09 AM   #2
Jeff OTMG

I believe it came out in the mid to late 70's and was discontinued in 1984. It was still available until around 1987 if memory serves me correctly. I assume this is what you were looking for timeline wise as you did not give a serial number and even if you did I do not have that info. H&K will send you the manual if they have one. I bought a P9S Target in .45 ACP and sent it in for any upgrades and they sent it back with a factory owners manual. The pistol reminded me of a Buck Rogers ray gun. The one I shot had what I believe may be the worst trigger pull on any pistol I have ever used and it was the first mass produced example of a plastic frame, about 10 years before Glock.

Now this is special. If you are in the U.S. and the gun has a shoulder stock slot you may have a VP70M not a VP70Z. When you install the shoulder stock it becomes a full auto machine pistol. Without the stock it fires semiauto only. If you have an unlicensed Class III machine pistol you are risking severe penalties. If it is not a machine pistol and you attach a shoulder stock you have created a short barreled rifle. This is also a Class III firearm and you are subject to the same severe penalties as if it were a machine gun. BE VERY CAREFUL UNTIL YOU FIND OUT WHAT YOU HAVE if you are in the U.S.

Page generated in 0.03106 seconds with 8 queries