View Single Post
Old August 23, 2013, 08:49 AM   #1
garryc

Ruger P95 failure/ Ruger Service Failure

The Ruger P95 has one common issue. Many of them got out of the factory with extractors that were not properly heat treated. That causes the extractor to loose tension. Sometimes the round is left in the chamber, other times it is laying in the action, because it slipped off the extractor, and locks it up.
The representative told me that they do not warrant firing foreign ammunition. I told him it has fired Fiochhi, Sellier and Bellot but mostly WWB. It happens equally with all three. Also it happened when I fired a mag of Hornady Critical Defense, twice in the one mag. All extraction problems, the extractor not holding the round.

And yes, before you ask, when you slide the rim under the extractor there is not enough tension.

I can't believe I put my life on the line for this crap! I guess I'll go to Springfield XD and to hell with Ruger.

Quote:
I contacted the number. I was told I would have to purchase the part or send the gun to you at my expense. The most common complaint with the P95 is FTE'S and all I want is the part, for you to back up your product without me jumping through hoops or taking cash out of my pocket for a common failure of one of your products. Clearly the cost of shipping is what keeps the load on your service department down.

This P95 was my off duty weapon in the winter. Little did I know that it was a dangerous gun (An FTE in combat is a dangerous gun).

Your representative stated that because I use Fiocchi ammunition it isn't covered. That is crap and you know it. If that slide comes back and the case is not attached to it well enough to be ejected then it is a part failure. I do not appreciate your company trying to wiggle around the issue.

You used to have a stellar reputation for customer support, I guess that isn't so anymore. Count me a a disgruntled customer who will never put Ruger at the top of the list again. And one who will tell others the truth of your service. 35 years of buying Ruger is over.

Ruger P95 Stainless ***-****

Page generated in 0.02621 seconds with 8 queries