Thread: #9 Shot
View Single Post
Old January 10, 2009, 10:33 AM   #8
svenrh

hmmm...
Lots of possible issues and discussion about birdshot effectiveness on humans. Pretty much cut and dry about what buckshot will do to a human. I think I would defend my family's life and my own with a proven stopper, not what so and so at the gun shop may think is true or not. I had this discussion many times at my foray selling guns, and it is hard to argue with proof vs speculation. My point was always if you actually are in a situation that you would have to shoot someone, would you rather be glad you had 00 buck that would put the bg down for sure, or would you rather be happy that you had birdshot that wouldn't overpenetrate, but may or may not work because of distance, furniture or doorways etc in the way. Sure you would stand a chance of getting a few birdshot pellts in the bg, but if you did not hit him square on and at very close range, there is little guarantee of a one shot stop. Usually if even one buckshot pellet hits someone anywhere, they are going to know it in a big way.

Page generated in 0.02484 seconds with 8 queries