View Single Post
Old June 27, 2008, 11:11 AM   #120
Chui

Quote:
Chui, if you are going to use my quote to somehow show how sophisticated and knowledgeable you are at my expense please quote my entire question. I prefaced my query with a "Please correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't tactics change when using a mousegun."

At 53, I've learned that there is a lot I don't know about the world. I've come to find that asking questions is a good way to learn. I encourage it in my children and in others. The query I posed was (or so I thought) a legitimate attempt to educate myself relying on the combined knowledge of the folks who post here to provide their insights.

I asked a very similar question on another thread in this forum. The responses were thoughtful and enlightening. I learned there that the strategy I was asking about was a poor idea because hip shots are not sufficiently incapacitating.

I'm sorry that the best you could do was to respond with mockery.

But hey, have a nice day anyway.
You, like me and most every other human, will shoot center of mass. That's how we are wired. You, like me and most every other human will experience time distortion, tunnel vision, reduced levels of fine motor control, elevated heart rate due to adrenaline, adopting an modified isocolese shooting position if you're out in the open, etc., etc., ad nauseam.

One should consider training the way we are most likely to respond... That, sir, was my point. Unless you do a significant amount of training to overcome your natural "wired" responses you may find yourself reverting to something you're "not familiar" with...

I know where you're coming from: impede the person's mobility, but if the person has a firearm he can still fire in your direction incapacitating you. I *believe* that if I'm able to land shots and the person reacts to being shot I could then begin to use my cognitive ability and do whatever. Other than that I'm kinda confident it will bea :

Look, FLINCH!, draw, point, shoot affair with only combat levels of accuracy not a fist sized group.

ASSUMING the individual is not already on me, that is.

So to answer your question I don't believe having a different tactic for a diffrent gun is viable for most of us who don't train fastidiously and properly daily or weekly.

Train the way Human Instincts will Predict. If you can excel in this you'll probably be fine. If things continue for a mag change and there is a lull you can perhaps introduce other aspects/levels/techniques and I hope that we all would.

Draw, Extend, SHOOT!

Others may perceive other things and that's okay, too. I'd like to hear them, think about them, try them in some drills and draw my own conclusions.

Last edited by Chui; June 27, 2008 at 10:06 PM.

Page generated in 0.02251 seconds with 8 queries