View Single Post
Old January 18, 2007, 11:01 AM   #4
DesertShooter

You can NEVER "simply start shooting", especially when there are innocent by-standers! If I was in church and armed, and the bad guys started shooting and cutting people, THEN I would jump into action!

A few years back, a crazed swordsman entered a nearby Catholic Church during Mass. He was not there to rob the congregation, he was just nuts, and started flailing his sword around as he cursed. None of the church members were armed, so the nut was able to injure several of them before he finally ran out of the church. Fortunately, he didn't kill anyone!

Here's one for you! A small police agency (Palos Verdes P.D., CA) decided to hold a training session for all of their supervisorial personnel. The training session was held at a posh hotel in an adjoining city (Torrance, CA), in one of their conference rooms. The posh hotel had a "No guns allowed" policy, so all of the police supervisors were told to go to the training without carrying any firearms. (By the way, the training session was on the "touchy/feely" subject of tolerance).

Well, after the training session had started, a "Ninja" stormed into the conference room. I am NOT kidding....the suspect was wearing an all black "Ninja"-type outfit! At first, the police supervisors thought that the "Ninja" was a part of the training session....that is, until he fired a few shots and announced that he was robbing the place!

One of the police Sergeants stood up and began to approach the "Ninja", but he was immediately shot! Other police supervisors reacted, with more shots fired by the suspect, until they were able to "swarm" the "Ninja" and disarm him. Unfortunately, the Palos Verdes Chief of Police was also hit....and eventually died. The "Ninja" also died after being "swarmed"....supposedly from suffocation!

It was a total fluke! That particular conference room had previously been set aside for a diamond and jewelry dealers convention, but the conference rooms had been switched at the last moment! The "Ninja" hadn't been aware of the switch!

Oh, and the "Ninja" turned out to be the son of a very well-respected Superior Court Judge, and happened to be of Japanese ancestry!

A couple of months after the "Ninja" incident, there was a "command inspection" for all of the police officers that worked at my station. There were 300+ officers that would be standing inspection, and the inspection site was a local high school football field. The Command Staff didn't want ANY officers to have LOADED firearms, nor even have ACCESS to ammo during the inspection! I brought up the "Ninja" incident to my Captain, and ended up being the officer-in-charge of a small ARMED security group that would patrol around the football field. At least we all (security group) didn't have to be "spit & polished"....and nothing bad happened!

This is a crazy world!

Page generated in 0.03801 seconds with 8 queries