View Single Post
Old July 19, 2006, 08:12 PM   #1
Bog

UK Police Bad Shoot on Tubes... Verdict

I'm not sure who remembers the case of Jean Charles de Menezes who last year was co-operating with the plainclothes policemen who were pinning him to the floor of a tube-train when they unloaded 11 rounds into his head (missing the target 4 times at point blank range, sinking one into his shoulder and the rest into the floor).

Given that this man was not resisting, not even arguing, and as a result had a ragged stump for a neck... this makes it plain that whatever exit-strategy for the Uck is not fast enough:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uklatest/s...958015,00.html

Synopsis: "We're not accountable". The worst that's being levied for this is a fine for not "protecting Mr. Menezes' Health and Safety".

7 rounds to the face of an innocent man is apparently a fineable offence for a UK LEO. Not "Manslaughter", not "Murder", not even worthy of suspening the cops in question.

(For those not familiar with the case, those seven rounds as panicky as they were performed adequately to reduce Mr. Menezes' head to a ragged hole in the floor of the subway car).

A light fine under Health and Safety regulations for killing an innocent man just seems wrong to me.

Someone tell me that a shooting which is as utterly unjustified as this gets the officer who shot - or the officer commanding the op - nailed to the wall.

Please tell me that.

Page generated in 0.02608 seconds with 8 queries