View Single Post
Old December 30, 2005, 10:08 PM   #8
swmike

Yes Shortydog I realize I am on a pro-2nd Amendment/Gun Forum. After 40 + years of carrying one I also know what self defense is and what it is not. If someone IS robbing you you can empty all the rounds in your weapon into him as long as you don't stop to reload (the multiple rounds can be written off to the stress of the moment, a reload would be definite overkill). You can not, however, chase the robber and shoot him/her as the Self Defense aspect is now gone. You could be construed as the agressor. If you survive the initial encounter and the BG leaves, then let the cops do their job. Most of these mutts are dumb enough to try again and get caught in the act or lead law enforcement to their "lair". It is not your job.

Yes, he is a scumbag for choosing the life of crime but if YOU are convicted of some level of homicide for killing him (like you might have by chasing him down) you might find it very difficult getting a peaceful nights sleep while serving the time. Bubba and his friends might have a few parties planned for you in the evening.

"In God we trust, all others are suspects."

"If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying, either I won't need any more, or more won't be of any help".

Page generated in 0.02898 seconds with 8 queries