View Single Post
Old May 13, 2005, 05:08 PM   #5
klw

Why

Because new technology can make an old approach obsolute.

For example. I owned two Harrel powder measures. Within my experience these are the very best measured made. I use to just throw charges directly from them into my cases. Then, one day, I decided to start weighing those charges in the case. Put the case on the scale, zeroed out the case weight, threw the powder charge and noted what it was. What I expected was very consistent weights. BUT I was weighing pistol charges using Green Dot. I DID NOT get consistent weights. Every once in a great while I would get one very light charge followed by one very heavy one. The powder was "clumping" in the measure and not falling. Didn't happen very often BUT it did happen. Now I know why Lyman still has that old knocker on their powder measures.

The new RCBS powder dispensing system CAN NOT do this. It detects both a low or a high charge and signals you. It doesn't miss. A powder measure can.

So up until recently an excellent powder measure like the Harrel was the best you could do. Now there is CLEARLY something superior.

Page generated in 0.03323 seconds with 8 queries