View Single Post
Old March 14, 2018, 09:29 AM   #4
Venti30

Hi Jmorris and Seamaster,

Thanks for your thoughts!

It is more infrequent than 1 out of 5, I'd estimate that it happens once per 50 or so rounds.

Because I didnt understand what was causing it, I held out the cases that got stuck (just before they reach the metal spring "keeper" that is part of the primer assembly. The cases were different head stamps, WIN, SPEER, etc. None of the case extractor rings or case shapes appeared to be at fault. Because I didn't know what the heck was going on, I took the shell plate and primer assy apart to clean, inspect and generally investigate and did not see anything at the time. Reassembled and thought I had it licked, but it occurred again roughly 100 rounds later.

It did not however dawn on me to check the case insertion depth at position one which I will review and adjust. I guess I didn't think of looking at it because I wasn't experiencing any issues aligning with the sizer/deprimer die.

I appreciate your thoughts and will look at the adjustment and lubrication that you guys were nice enough to remind me of.

Thanks, and have a great day.

Page generated in 0.02747 seconds with 8 queries