View Single Post
Old March 20, 2012, 04:43 AM   #14
hounddawg

Quote:
Petespacking I have a LNL AP and love it. I haven't had ANY problems with any aspect of the press. As far as powder debris getting into the primer feed, how would powder get there? I load thousands of rounds at a secession and don't see any debris in the slide mechanism. In fact I've never had a primer feed problem at all.
operator error on my part. When I first got the press I had to get into the habit of firmly seating the primer on the down stroke. Then the powder would drop and spill out through the empty primer cup which would jam the feed.

Only other problems with the press was when first learning the press I did not have the shell plate tight enough and a shell jammed when ejecting, instead of working my way through it and loosening the plate to remove the cartridge I forced it and broke the link between the shell plate and ram which is a designed in "weak link" to prevent ham handed operators like myself from breaking something more expensive. Hornady had me another one in the mail that day even though in my opinion it was my fault the original broke. Several thousand round later the little wheel on a primer slide came loose. I epoxy'ed the axle back in and called Hornady, not only did they sens me a replacement but a few spare springs as well. I am still using the epoxied one and have the other as a spare.

I would say the first 500 pieces of rounds were my learning curve and I can understand where mumbo is coming from. It takes some patience and I was trying to go too fast at first to see how many I could load an hour. My first 100 or so I was ready to send mine back to Midway. The next 200 or so I was began getting the hang of it, by 500 I had the rhythm down, and now I love it and cannot imagine loading my pistol ammo on a single stage again. I have loaded somewhere around 5000 bullets and would not change a thing except for the pickup stick primer loading. I am planning on loading another few hundred 38's later this morning.

Last edited by hounddawg; March 20, 2012 at 04:55 AM.

Page generated in 0.04176 seconds with 8 queries