View Single Post
Old October 22, 2011, 05:49 PM   #1
Pahoo

A Drilling, in the corn field?

Thought I'd a recent experience with Y'all. Went to a local gun auction and while going down the rows of tables full of guns, there in front of me, was a Drilling. We are talking about a small rural town in Iowa and most of the good old boys are into shotguns. when the auctioneer came to the drilling, he stated a starting price of $3,000 dollars and you could have heard a pin drop. Pretty soon and few turned to look at each other and I heard one guy say; what the heck is that? The auctioneer then stated that if no one was interested in the starting bid. Then the bidding was closed as the reserve price was much higher. No one said a word so back to the owner it goes. ...

This is the third Drilling I have ever seen and it was a beauty. All engraved and external hammers and locks. the two top barrels reportedly were 16Ga. and the bottom barrel was never identifies. Looked like in the .250 or .270 range. I too had set a $3000 range or estimate and that was too rich for me as well as the other lads. .....

Be Safe !!!

Page generated in 0.03349 seconds with 8 queries