View Single Post
Old July 23, 2009, 12:45 PM   #55
Nisei

Eskimo, my uncle fired 205 rounds in a firefight in Vietnam (just yanking your chain, don't mean to offend you)

To all,

Hypothetical questions have always confused and aggravated people here. I noticed many have said things like "I wouldn't own a Glock" or "I wouldn't own a Hi-Point." Remember this is a hypothetical question.

Those of you with an imagination and those concerned about worst case scenarios, ask yourself this: Which weapon would you pick if you were in a situation where you needed to open fire on a tango and your normal carry weapon isn't available. Maybe you had a hard day or a fight with the Mrs. and you forgot your weapon at your home, went to a friends house, and there's trouble. But all he has is a Glock and a Hi-Point! What do you do now?

Those of you who answer this question with "I never forget. I don't go anywhere without carrying." or "I would never be put in this situation" do not belong on this thread, this thread is a question and this question does not apply to you.

Even so, Steve1911's question is about proven or un-proven. I personally don't like that, since all known-brand named weapons are proven or else they wouldn't be on the market waiting to be purchased. I think it could be worded differently

Look at this way, In the above hypothetical scenario that you are without your normal carry weapon, your friend has two weapons in his house. One weapon is a weapon you know works well but you HATE its design. The other weapon is a weapon that looks like a weapon you know well and love BUT it is from a weapons manufacturer you never heard of ever in your life and not sure if the internal design is the same or not. Now which one do you choose? Something you know you hate, but is proven to work? Or something that feels familiar, but unproven if it works because you've never heard of it or ever read a review?

Let's try and answer that question instead now. Hi-Points and Glocks are both good weapons and each have their own merits. Don't bash either of them here.

- Hiroshi

Page generated in 0.03588 seconds with 8 queries