View Single Post
Old October 19, 2019, 07:32 AM   #87
TunnelRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthTellers View Post
I agree, 10mm is a versatile do it all cartridge. Want max power for hunting and self defense from dangerous predators? 10mm does that. Want something moderately warm for self defense? 10mm does that. Want something light like .40? 10mm does that. Want it subsonic... you name it and 10mm can do it.

I believe if the military wasn't stuck to the 9mm, they would look at 10mm and have a variety of different 10mm loads for different demands. Maybe even a submachine gun too.

There aren't many submachine guns out there with a bullet that's packing 900 to 1000 ft/lbs at the muzzle.

But for now 10mm is only seeing use with civilians and the drawback to that versatility is factory ammo options for non reloaders.

Years ago when I was adamant I wasn't going to spend the money to get into reloading, I bought the Glock 35 and later the 27 in .40. Today, if I could do it over, I would have gotten the Glock 40 and a 29. The nice thing about the .40 Glocks I got is the switch to 9mm is a simple barrel swap.
The military has SBRs, which saw the decline of many subguns. They are coming back, however.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.02444 seconds with 8 queries