View Single Post
Old April 5, 2018, 09:35 AM   #6
Lohman446

We all have X amount of time to train in whatever means of defense we chose to employ. X may vary but there is a limit.

If I found myself training to shoot from inside the pocket I would take the time I was going to invest in doing that and train in hand to hand techniques involving hostile weapon control (should my attacker be armed) and / or escape techniques designed to create space and movement. If someone has such a jump on you that drawing a firearm vs firing from the pocket is going to make a difference you likely need some other tactics available to you.

Would I take someone with a hand on their "gun" inside their pocket as a serious threat? At what distance? Close enough that it would actually matter? Yeh but anyone at that distance is going to be a threat because we are talking well within my "personal space." If I cannot move and create distance because said person keeps closing that space it is going to be viewed as a threat.

How serious of a threat? Well your hand on your gun in your pocket limits the movement of that gun and your ability to aim it. Someone wishing to do you harm is going to step in to your weak side (assuming your gun is on your strong side) and inflict A LOT of harm on you because your gun will not be useful and your strong hand side will be "tied up" in your pocket.

Don't tie up your hand by placing it in your pocket.

Page generated in 0.03800 seconds with 8 queries