View Single Post
Old December 16, 2019, 09:30 PM   #6
reynolds357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest View Post
So... to make a long and overly detailed story short, my brother in law is wanting me to work up and provide a load for his Ruger M77 7mm Rem Mag using nosler partitions. He's providing the hardware, I'm providing the time and "expertise."

I'm posting this here, because this is all for the purposes of hunting. He hunts in Montana, end to end, and some shots are 50 yards, some are 350-400. He wants me to use the 140 grain partitions to get the flattest possible load for said rifle.

My question is about accuracy expectations. I have heard multiple folks say that you lose accuracy using partitions. So, in developing the load, where should I be satisfied. 1 MOA? 2? I like working my own loads up to 3/4 MOA or less if possible. But I've never hunted with partitions past 200 yards, and I have never shot anything past about 120. And those weren't my own loads, they were factory federals. I don't want go through a lot of his money and my shoulder chasing unreasonable expectations.

So for those who hunt with partitions, especially at distance, what accuracy do you expect/consider to be reasonable?
The Partition is very accurate. Depending on who made the barrel, the 77 may or may not be.

Page generated in 0.02425 seconds with 8 queries