View Single Post
Old October 1, 2009, 01:05 PM   #4
DG45

Hey! Neat photo of Bonny and Clyde! As I mentioned in my opening post, about 50,000 Model 11's were purchased by the US military in WWII and do have military markings, etc. stamped on them. I guess those guns would be considered military surplus, although some of them that survived can be found at gun shows, etc. so I guess all the ex-military guns are already in general circulation. Many of those WWII military shotguns were used in turret simulators to train aerial gunners, and some were used to give officers some recreational skeet opportunities, and others were used by guards who were guarding POWs and military prisoners; however, I' ve read (but can't prove) that many others of those that were ordered in riot gun conformation went to the Navy for shipboard service and were sometimes issued to the Marines as the best weapon availiable for use in the dense jungles of the Pacific theatre where the fighting was often up close and personal. (These Model 11 shotguns had a five shot capacity, and loaded with 00 Buckshot, they could spray a jungle with nine 59 grain 34 cal. lead pellets per shot. Pretty deadly stuff, I'd say, and a lot better choice of weaponry for jungles than an M-1, (or even an M-16, for that matter!)

Page generated in 0.02283 seconds with 8 queries