View Single Post
Old January 30, 2011, 09:31 PM   #20
700cdl

Hey, I've been doing this for 2 1/2 decades and I even crumple one every once in a great while, it happens. You forget that your die was adjusted to the 38s and slap a .357 case in and crumpled it is. Don't worry about it. Now that you have made that mistake, you now understand that particular element of reloading with experience. One little tid bit to consider though is be careful loading the jacketed 38s or .357s that don't have a canelure (grove ). Pressures blow back through the front of the cylinder and can cause the bullets to dislodge. I'd say with your current powder charge, and powder choice your probably OK for now. Just keep an eye on what the other bullets in the cylinder are doing as you fire each round, until you've dtermined they are not moving up, or down in the case. I've had them do it to me from time to time, especially when working with higher pressure loads. Show us a picture of the heads so we can see the primer seating depth too. Not a big deal, just nice to avoid mis-fires.
After you pull the trigger on your first loads, you may as well accept that you'll be hopelessly addicted, and one of us! My wife knows exactly what to get me for birthdays and Christmas, bullets, powders, primers, or brass.

Page generated in 0.02506 seconds with 8 queries