View Single Post
Old January 14, 2023, 02:37 PM   #96
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
Why not register a stack of receivers as SBRs tax free, then engrave and build them at your convenience?
If you are a licensed manufacturer, you probably could do that. Some makers did that when the Hughes Amendment became law.

However, if you are NOT a licensed manufacturer, then I think doing that might put you on thin ice, legally speaking. I don't know that it will, I just see the possibility that someone in the system might decide that unlicensed you, registering several receivers at once might indicate you were, or intended to manufacture firearms without the proper licenses.

Also, what about the state? If you're in one of those states that has passed crap about "ghost guns" and "firearms precursors" you might have to deal with that, as well.

Quote:
Of course, essentially having to demonstrate that you've violated the NFA in order to get the "free" stamp may dissuade quite a few people.
IF you comply with the provisions of the "Amnesty period" you haven't violated the law.

Quote:
(vi) information demonstrating the likely use of the weapon in the general
community.
And there is it, as I read it, a direct confirmation, Congratulations all you UTube idiots, posting videos showing you firing "braced" pistols from the shoulder. YOU caused this rule change.

Page generated in 0.04160 seconds with 8 queries