View Single Post
Old September 1, 2022, 12:09 PM   #7
44 AMP
Staff

One of the things that bothers me most about their new, expanded "gun free zones" is the utter unfairness, AND the complete disregard for the wishes of private property owners.

First off the new rule prohibit people who HAVE permits from carry there. The previous NY state and NYC permit system was extensive, laborious to get through, time consuming, and expensive. Under the new rules it will be even more so, but aside from that point, now the state IS PROHIBITING the very people they APPROVED to carry from certain "sensitive" locations.

Again, the people who obey the law, who get NY permits, those are NOT the people who are doing violence. They are NOT the people putting the public at risk. BUT they are the people the law is "aimed at".

With COMPLETE disregard for the wishes of the property owners and those in the congregations, the new NY law designates "places of worship" as gun free zones.

Now, I have no issue with the govt deciding that for GOVT buildings, such as courts schools, etc. BUT, for churches mosques and synagogue's, I think that a HUGE overreach. IF those places don't want LEGAL gun carry there. that's their choice, and the law already backs that up. BUT, if they choose to allow it, the new law PREVENTS that, DENYING their freedom of choice.

I read some comments from a fellow who was rather upset about that, at his place of worship, they rely on the rabbi and members of the congregation being legally armed to provide for their own security.

The new law, apparently, now prohibits this.

I see some very worrysome parallells with some things done in Germany in the 1930s, legally barring possession of arms by certain people, and in certain places, under the claim of "public safety" and we know how that worked out in the end.....

thoughts??

Page generated in 0.02921 seconds with 8 queries