View Single Post
Old January 1, 2020, 05:26 PM   #27
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
What is happening now is simply a LOT of mass speculation. As far as I know, there have been no charges or cases brought forward against ANY firearms owner, challenging their right to firearms ownership, due to the use of CBD products. Be it oil, cream, or whatever.
1. Just to be clear, I don't believe that there's much chance of being prosecuted for CBD use. Those who are drug-tested as a condition of their job, or perhaps as a legal requirement due to some judgement could potentially get into a mess over this, but in general, prosecution seems very unlikely.

That's why I've tried to make it clear I'm talking about people who are concerned about following the law. If the concern isn't following the law, but just whether or not you will be prosecuted, I think that simplifies things tremendously.

2. Looking for prosecutions of gunowners as the evidence of potential legal pitfalls is problematic in a situation where there have been recent changes to the law. Even if the government does decide to pursue such prosecutions, it would be awhile before that information became available and we could then use it as a roadmap for what can happen.

3. There certainly is a lot of speculation, but there is also some pretty decent information available on the topic. The presence of speculation shouldn't cause us to dismiss the actual evidence that is available.

At this time, it does appear that there are potential legal issues that can arise from CBD use. To complicate the situation, it also appears that it can be quite difficult for a consumer to determine if their CBD product and the usage of it is legal or illegal since the legality hinges on circumstances that are not readily apparent to the user.

If you don't care about following the law and you aren't in a position where you are likely to be drug tested, then this is probably a much simpler question for you to answer.

If you are concerned with following the law or are in a situation where drug-testing is possible, it would be much wiser to hold off on CBD use until the laws are clearer and there is some idea of how the enforcement will be handled.

Page generated in 0.03585 seconds with 8 queries