View Single Post
Old April 22, 2013, 12:32 AM   #131
angel1495

Wow. Six pages of comments. Not one quote of Texas law.

I am going to guess that many people commenting are basing what they are writing on their OWN states law.

Do a Google search. You might be surprised what you find.

I am serious. See if I am mistaken. Go to everything from the state's own website to the NRA website, to everything in between. Prove me wrong.

Try this for starters. It is in a more user friendly format, easily found using a Google search, taken from the Free Republic, dated on Saturday, April 16, 2011:

"Texas is a traditionally rough-and-tumble state that has some of the most permissive guns laws in the country. But you may be surprised to learn that it is illegal to carry a gun openly there.

"Texas is one of just seven states -- the others are Arkansas, Florida, Illinois, New York, Oklahoma and South Carolina, plus Washington, D.C. -- that does not have an open-carry law.

"Gun advocates are trying to get the state legislature to pass an open-carry law, but so far it has been unable to do so.

"It's shocking that Texas, with its history of rugged individualism that the state symbolizes, doesn't allow open carry," John Pierce, a co-founder of OpenCarry.org told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

"Texans have been able to get licenses to carry concealed handguns in most places since 1995. However, carrying them openly remains illegal.

"Texas Gov. Rick Perry doesn't shy away from his love of guns -- he admitted he takes his gun along with him on jogs, last year shooting a coyote that threatened his dog. The governor said he would consider an open-carry bill if it landed on his desk".

And yes, I have read those things about, "long guns".

Page generated in 0.03462 seconds with 8 queries