View Single Post
Old November 18, 2009, 01:48 PM   #14
snuffy

Quote:
How clean does the inside have to be or free from burned powder? Does a little powder residue make that much difference?
Now that's really the bottom line isn't it?! I my opinion, NO! And again my opinion it does NOT "build up", at least not as long as we're talking smokeless powder. Now black powder, that's an entirely different subject.

If the bench rester's worry about powder residue INSIDE cases, I guess I'll never get involved with them!!!

Now as to the ultrasonic debate; I have one, and it didn't cost $400.00! Harbor freight has one that is under 100 bucks! That's the one I bought.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=95563

Those are .223 cases that went through 16 minutes in the cleaner with shooters choice Aqua clean solution it it. Every bit of stain AND primer residue was removed. HOWEVER a caution I received when I ran this as a thread on here or on THR from someone that said one of the ingrediants of aqua clean attacks the zinc in cartridge brass. I verified that by soaking some junk '06 cases in it for days. I leached the brass nice and pink, meaning the zinc was nearly gone. The cases crumbled like they were made of unbaked ceramic.

You linked article uses some acid IIRC. It too can leach zinc from the cases.

I voted for tumblers, since I can start the tumbler with the brass I want to load before breakfast, check email after eating, then go load those freshly cleaned cases. Try that with any wet method.

Oh, the ultra sonic cleaner is the cat's meow for cleaning gun parts. Like the entire lower of my glock M-22 without disassembley, came clean as a whistle. Same for a cruddy trigger group for a rem shotgun, the list is endless. The aqua clean is NOT cheap, but man does it work!

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=311703

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02898 seconds with 8 queries