View Single Post
Old March 31, 2009, 09:15 PM   #7
MissouriCrowinMass

I'm still trying to get my 91/30 to shoot a little better. I'd love to bed the the barrel with JB Epoxy like the fellow on "Box 'O Truth" does. I just don't have the stones to get JB near anything with threads no matter how much wax I put on them. (I had a bad experience with JB and some scope rings once - the stuff sticks!) So......I tried using some fiber gasket material. I cut then double thickness and installed them under the tang and receiver including the seat for the barrel nut.

Ran out and shot today after work. The Silver Bear is the only ammo worth shooting in my rifle. Brown Bear and Plain Brown Paper must have been designed for missle defense? They both shoot super high.

Here's the Silver Bear today. 1.6" average from target. Worst shots 2.25". That's at 50 yards with irons. POA was about a whisker below 6:00 o'clock on the black circle. That's not too bad. I'm pretty happy. I might even try the Scout Scope. Got one on a K-31 and I like it.

Thanks to the fellow that left these blank targets up and saved Mrs. MissouriCrowinMass a few pieplates!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg afterbedding.jpg (228.9 KB, 31 views)

Page generated in 0.02370 seconds with 9 queries