View Single Post
Old December 26, 2008, 08:38 AM   #85
WC145

Quote:
To answer the original question,

1. Yes, I always carry +1.

2. No, I do not top off the mag to full capacity. I keep those mags loaded at 90% capacity to lessen jamming potential and increase spring life. So for my primary carry Glock 30, that's 9 in the mag, and for my AR-15, with the 30-round mags, that's 26-27.
If you're not topping of your mags you're not carrying +1.

A weapon is designed to function in a certain manner, if you don't trust it will work, find another one that you do trust. They wouldn't make the mags to hold X number of rounds if they didn't intend for them to be used that way!

Look at it this way - Is their anything else you own that you don't use to capacity or the way it was designed? Maybe you put just 3 slices of bread in your 4 slice toaster, or no more than 15gals of gas in your 18gal tank, or just $90k in your savings account because the FDIC insures it to a max of $100k? Obviously not and the argument for "under loading" your weapon is just as silly as these examples.

Like I said before, when I go to work (and any other time I put on a gun) I have my guns loaded to full capacity - one in the chamber, mag topped off, and all of my spares loaded to capacity - as do all the other LEO's I work with and know. Anybody else that carries a gun should do it the same way we do, not because we're cops or anything stupid like that, but BECAUSE IT MAKES SENSE!

Page generated in 0.02628 seconds with 8 queries