View Single Post
Old July 7, 2004, 04:36 PM   #5
jailbait

For the 590 owners looking to mod it out or for those looking to buy:

I own a mossberg 590. It's a good solid gun. I've never had a problem out of it. Originally my 590 had a 22" barrel and only held like 3 +1. With the long barrel on it, the recoil was not that bad. I never had a problem out of it in the two years i've owned it.

Since then i've done a few mods to it. I pulled the wood thing out of the magazine so it now holds 6 +1 (definate plus). I also shortened the barrel to a 18" barrel with a bead front site (available through your local dealer or through mossberg's website. It's about $75). The 18" Barrel makes it kick like a mule, but with it pulled into your shoulder good and tight, it makes clearing a really easy task. I also added the SpeedFeed 4 butt stock. BIG MISTAKE. Don't like it. It's harder than the original stock, and the gap between the trigger housing and the stock makes for poor finger placement. SpeedFeed makes a buttstock for the 590 that actually holds 3 shells in the buttstock, and i think that's the one that i should have gone with. I also have a sight mount on it (the previous owners doing) that originally held a red dot optical sight (ran the PO about $450). While i'm normally a big fan of scopes, i found on the 590 it SEVERELY decreased the accurracy big time. The bead sight on the new 18" barrel is much better and provides a quicker target aqcuisition (sp?). I'm a two eye shooter with my shotgun. I find that using two eyes is alot better for clearing and what not.

Btw, i use my shotgun in more of a tatical item than a hunting one.

Page generated in 0.02712 seconds with 8 queries