View Single Post
Old February 26, 2011, 03:34 AM   #1
HK-Lance

Pretty disturbing range experience

Took my new HK USP .45 to the range the other day to break her in. I ended up getting there later than I had hoped, as I like to go early when fewer people are there (especially because the local range is sorta small).

A short while later, in walks this degenerate who was clearly a gang-banger, all of 21 years old, if that (I assume he had to be, to get a handgun). He stands there in his firing lane, in a sort-of isosceles triangle, only with his feet way too close and leaning continuously further backwards as he blows off an entire magazine of 9mm in rapid succession. Bang-bang-bang-bang-bang. I guess he thought it was a machine gun. I counted 15 shots. Not a single one of them hit his target. The target was 10' away.

I really don't like being at the range when idiots like that walk in. First of all, he clearly had no shooting skills and obviously got his "training" from watching poorly choreographed movies. Second, he was close to falling over backwards, and had he done so, I highly doubt he would have had either the presence of mind or even the common sense knowledge to take his finger outside of the trigger guard to avoid accidental discharge as he fell.

Later, after firing another 50 rounds (and missing about 47 of them ) I heard him bragging to his girlfriend "Wow, look, I got a bullseye!". Yeah, sorta like how even a broken watch is right twice a day. You shoot enough rounds in a particular direction, and eventually one of them is bound to hit the target!

Has anyone else encountered situations like this? What's the best way to deal with it? Leave? Contact the range master? God forbid he's asked to leave and decide to get into a gun battle. He seemed dumb enough to do just that.

Which is why I prefer being off to the left side of the range, being right handed and he being right handed. Should it come down to such a situation, I have the advantage. But good lord, what a thing to have to consider, huh?

Page generated in 0.04162 seconds with 8 queries