View Single Post
Old May 8, 2013, 01:51 PM   #27
IDT

Took the AR to the indoor range today to sight in the MBUS sights I put on a couple days back.
After getting it zeroed I decided to test both my ability and the difference between the point of impact suppressed and regular. The results are a bit odd.

I fired a total of 10 shots on this test - 5 Normal and 5 with the can.

Conditions:
Distance: 25 meter indoor range
Ammo: International .223 45 grain Frangible ammo (long story)
Barrel: 1:8 16"
Sights: MBUS Flip Up
Position: Standing, shoulder fired, unsupported.
Target: 1.2" ID Bull's Eye

The normal shots are in green, and all in the center circle. I am still getting used to this Geissele SSA Trigger group which is fantastic.
It walked around the bull's eye a bit, but measuring with my micrometers from the center of each hole, I have a 1.006" group un-suppressed and all in the bull's eye.

The suppressed shots are in red. Admittedly, I pulled my last one and I knew I did. But the first four are all touching each other. But slightly high and right of my aimpoint. They in a 0.56" group - discounting the pulled shot. Not really sure how to measure that.

I'm assuming that the added barrel weight on with the weapon from the suppressor helped me to stabilize my aim and tightened my group. Maybe...I don't know. Is this a typical difference between suppressed and non-suppressed shooting? Am I to expect this constant "high & right"?

Page generated in 0.02360 seconds with 8 queries